Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Happy/unhappy

Rhiannon's home! It's sooo wonderful to have her around.

Michaela and Kendall have slipped away. Kendall says "I love you!" but I don't think she means it. Michaela is exasperated with me 80% of the time.

I'm unhappy today because of Joe. I stood outside his door this morning wondering if I should pop in bed for a moment. I knew there was a 50/50 chance that my presence would annoy him. Now I realize that it's 70/30 -- very very bad odds. I chose to go in. After a few minutes he got up and moved to the bed in the other room. I didn't know where he'd gone at first. I lay there wondering if he was going to come back.

Later he called to apologize; said he didn't want to stop me from coming to bed. Idiot. He has stopped me. I'm never going to put myself in that position again. I am never going to stand at his door and wonder if I should come in. I am never going to lie there alone and wonder if he is coming back.

On the upside: T-bone steaks for dinner ($15 per pound, the most I've ever spent for meat) along with potatoes and salad from our garden! Then Rhiannon and I and maybe Michaela are going to Borders!

No comments: