Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Money

Money is an issue that causes a lot of worry for me. I do wish I had married someone who cared about having a steady job. David quit work more than ten years ago and hasn't looked back. Oh sure, he's held part-time jobs here and there but just so he could pay for his own hobbies; he never again thought about making a living or providing for his wife and children. So we weren't provided for.

I lent him $1000 last month. He needed money to pay the phone bill and to pay the movers of the lift that Jim gave him. He hasn't paid me back and very likely won't for a long time.

Jim closed up the shop. It never was a big money-maker. It made just enough to scrape by. Now Jim's at home doing work around the house. This week he's putting in a gate out back. I am paying for materials.

I want David out. And I want a husband who has a good job.

No comments: