Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Barnacle

It's official. I think Jim is a moocher. Thirteen months have passed since he folded up the shop, and he hasn't tried to get a real job. He does part-time here and there; that's it. I'm just not interested anymore. He takes up two spots in front of the house; he doesn't pay rent; his stuff is stored on the back porch, in a big tent in the backyard and in two bedrooms.

It's good, though. I quit making dinner when he quit work, and I'm very happy about that. I've also quit buying group food, which has given me a lot more cash on hand. I buy my own food, and I dumpster dive.

It's fun to get free stuff, and it adds a challenge to my day, to see if I can eat free only. Today I had dumpster juice with dumpster protein powder, dumpster yogurt, dumpster carrot chips with dumpster hummus, a dumpster gluten-free muffin, a dumpster egg, a dumpster bell pepper, and even a little dumpster chicken. Eating meat from the dumpster is pushing it a bit, I admit. It was frozen solid when I got it, though, and stayed that way until I cooked it. So far I'm okay.

No comments: