Wednesday, May 18, 2011

How to End a Relationship?

I am so ready for this relationship to be over. It's been a good three years. Or is it four years now? But come on, the guy's turned into a freeloader. Plus he occasionally is mean or says snide things. I don't like the stories he tells about the things he's done. They reveal a character that I can't respect at all -- too much alcohol, too many drugs, too much sex. And too much anger.

And the future doesn't hold much promise. He's got no savings, got no job, and has health problems. Am I supposed to martyr myself for love? He spoke with derision of his brother who married a sick girl, which made me feel very foolish as I'm doing the same thing.

He's got lots of good qualities, which is why I've stayed so long, but I'm done with it all.

No comments: