Friday, September 24, 2004

The Price You Pay

In spite of the fact that I love what I do, I sometimes think I should have entered a different career. Because I might enjoy it even better. Because I might be able to do more to make the world a better place. Because it might be what I am supposed to be doing.

And this makes me realize: Whatever you choose, you don't choose something else.

Further, you don't have to do anything. You don't have to choose anything. But you do have to live with the consequences of your choice.

That's the desperate truth, the spiral paradox. The price you pay is that you have to live with the consequences.

So ask yourself, Who are you? What do you want to be? What would you give to be that person?

Would you give your time? Your money? Your life?

What do you give in exchange for what you most want?

This is your life you are living. This is your life that you are giving. You can choose or not choose, do or not do, live or not live. But you cannot Not Pay. You will always pay.

Just make sure that what you get is worth it. You are trading your life for something. Make sure it's worth it.

No comments: