Friday, November 19, 2004

AmeriCorps withdrawal

I'm not coping well with being away from AmeriCorps. And I was only there two days! It's all in my head, obviously.

I'll sing it one last time for you
Then we really have to go
You've been the only thing that's right
In all I've done.


I loved the AmeriCorps kids. I loved the campus. I loved the song they sang at the graduation ceremony. The whole thing was a fantastic experience.

To think I might not see those eyes
It makes it so hard not to cry
And as we say our long goodbyes
I nearly do.


I'm probably experiencing withdrawal because -- well, I honestly don't know why. I just know I wish I were back there. Everything felt right when I was there.

And I can barely look at you
But every single time I do
I know we'll make it anywhere
Away from here.


For two days I was an AmeriCorps kid. I got things done. I took life as it came. I slept on the couch with the lights on and people talking. I was part of a team. I could do anything.

Light up, light up
As if you have a choice
Even if you cannot hear my voice
I'll be right beside you dear.

(Run, Snow Patrol)

No comments: