Friday, November 26, 2004

Tons of clothes

Today is the Day After Thanksgiving - supposedly the biggest shopping day of the year. I popped into my favorite thrift store today and picked some shirts and a couple pairs of pants, all designer name and very nice. Cost $5.60, quite the bargain. I love my favorite thrift store. I love buying stuff and not worrying about the cost.

So, anyway, back at home I organized my closet a little and laid out what I'll be wearing for the next two weeks. I wonder how many different things I have to wear, total? I have a ton of clothes. How long could I go, wearing something new every day, before I had to wear something I've already worn? I don't know the answer to that a question. Probably two months at least.

I remember my first year in junior high (boy was that a long time ago). Up to then I'd only ever gone to Catholic school where we wore uniforms every day. For public school, my mom took me school shopping and we bought five different outfits for me, more than I'd ever had or needed before. Every Monday found me in the white shirt with orange vest, every Tuesday in the blue with white, and so on. I wonder if anyone ever noticed. I was pretty shy and kept to myself.

No comments: