Monday, August 27, 2007

Love Poems

In complete disregard of my resolution to never see him again, I spent most of Saturday in Joe's company. Saturday was the family's annual Summer Birthdays Celebration at Broomfield Bay water park. I extended an invitation when I saw him on Friday with D but didn’t really expect him to show. Surprise surprise he did, and he even brought a present for the summer birthday kids! We spent several hours together there. And after THAT, he took D and me up to the mountains in search of a little ghost town he had heard of. And then we went to a restaurant, and then to his place for UpWords. One of my plays was LOVE/POEM. That prompted him to get his book of Love Poems out for me, which tome I mentioned earlier in this blog. I spent the evening perusing it. Nothing struck me, except the fact that the old love poems are wordy and overblown. I prefer the love songs of today, like Nazareth's "Love Hurts" and Willie Nelson's "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain" (love is like a dying ember, only memories remain). On Sunday he brought his daughter over to play with my nieces. I'm doing amazingly well considering the amount of interaction we had. There's no agony; he's gentle on my mind.

No comments: