Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend Report

An excellent weekend, sunny and happy. Let's see... It started Thursday, I suppose, when he picked me up from the company picnic on his motorcycle. He came roaring up; I said, My ride's here" to gasps of general astonishment. Felicia said, "You have a hot boyfriend!" I did get to have my arms around him on the ride home but no more than that. I hadn't been alone with Joe all week so I got pretty grumpy as the evening wore on. Finally on Friday night we were able to get some time to ourselves.

Saturday morning was the annual BVSD book sale, in which the local school district makes its discards available to whoever wants to haul them away. I got three boxes, including some books on herbs and a children's book called "Nobody Knows I Have Delicate Toes" which I gave to Joe. Private joke. I puttered around on Saturday, walking the dogs and getting some shopping done. We three watched "Blood Simple", the Coen Brother's first movie, in the evening. Joe and I got some more time together.

Sunday morning is scheduled for Don and me. I had to convince him. Didn't really want to, but I do want to do my duty and keep him from being too grumpy or suspicious of me and Joe. Sunday afternoon my sister Maria called to ask if having a dog was good for depression. I told her that a dog is a little chid who needs to be trained and taken care of, so not really recommended. Not by me, anyway. She's having some spiritual and emotional difficulties. We're going to the library Monday to find books to help encourage her. Sunday evening I went down to Anne Marie's place, where Dad and Anne and I watched Generation Kill. I loved it. Sunday night Joe and I went out on the trampoline to talk and look at the moon. He said, "I'm here on the tramp with Charity" as though he could hardly believe it was happening. That's just how I feel all the time. More intimate time followed, this one really nice 'cause we got some pillow talk in afterward.

No comments: