Friday, February 27, 2009

A Little Bit Pregnant

I was! Eight days late; when it finally came it was ... different. The symptoms matched those of chemical pregnancy (a pregnancy that is confirmed by lab means only; the fetus never gets big enough to be confirmed by ultrasound). Anyway, the bleeding was fairly light as my periods go, which is consistent with early miscarriage according to some studies, and there were a lot more clots and tissue. I regret that I did not do a pregnancy test. It would be nice to know for sure.

About having a baby: not a good idea. I'd want to stay home with it, but can't as I'm the main support of the household. But mainly I don't want to go through all that again. I absolutely loved being a mom. It was a fantastic adventure that is over. I'm too old to do all that again.

No comments: