Sunday, August 10, 2008

I guess I saved his life

itshercandy: are you online?
will: yes
itshercandy: just checking
itshercandy: Sorry about the long lunch. My housemate just had a diabetic incident.
will: Hope everyone is ok
itshercandy: He called at 12:30 to tell me his blood sugar had just tested really low. I guess he just wanted someone to know.
itshercandy: So I went over and it's lucky I did because he hadn't managed to stop the downward slide.
itshercandy: He was practically ...
itshercandy: well, he was conscious but unresponsive
itshercandy: so I forced him to sit up and drink the sugar water I had brought
itshercandy: and after a while he got better
itshercandy: so that's one trip to the emergency room averted
will: I'm glad you were there to help
itshercandy: it was actually fairly scary
itshercandy: 'cause I had to pick him up like a baby and hold him while I held the bottle to his lips
itshercandy: so then I stayed with him for a while after that

No comments: