Thursday, October 21, 2004

Lucky Don

Good day at work. Lots of talk about the problems we face, plus a goal-setting session with Malinda and Will and Burton.

Don stayed out till 7:00, working at his friends' auto repair shop and probably getting high after work. He's lucky I'm here to care for the kids.

Let me repeat that:

He's lucky I come home and stay home. He's lucky I work. He's lucky I buy the groceries. He's lucky I take care of the kids. Otherwise there wouldn't be a roof over our heads, food in the fridge, or a parent at home.

I sound bitter, don't I? Today I am bitter. It must be very nice to be a teenager the way he is -- no responsibilities, Mom taking care of everything.

It's hell to be bitter. I don't want to go there again. I've spent too much time in hell already.

No god, no life beyond this one. This sun only, these stars, these flowers, this grass, these birds singing. Then darkness falls and all is lost.

No comments: