Tuesday, August 14, 2001

Day Three - the Third Pearl

Got up before anyone else and took a stroll around the farm. Aunt Margaret keeps only chickens now, and didn't do a garden this year. I picked a bunch of apricots from her tree. It's great to have all the apricots one can eat, especially such fresh, sweet ones.

Mike came up and we did more shooting. I shot a 9mm Smith and Wesson today. It's lighter than yesterday's 9mm Berretta, but still has a big kick. You can feel the shock waves in your body when it goes off. Also shot a 22 pistol. I think I'll get a BB pistol and do a lot of target practice when I get back.

Dad and I drove up the Columbia, exploring. It was so nice to be near the water. We started planning a canoe trip for next year. We'll start up north and take a couple days to canoe down, camping and exploring the countryside as we go.

Finally, went out to eat at Mi Casita with Dad, Aunt Margaret, Mike, Pete and Shari. It's a little hole-in-the-wall Mexican place -- not too fancy, food not too bad. Of course, no one does chicken enchiladas like Delfino's Terrace.

No comments: