Thursday, August 09, 2001

Registered Kendall at Fairview High School. She starts as a freshman in two weeks. Now I've got two high schoolers. Oh my gosh.

My husband was very sweet today. He said I'm getting better looking as I get older. Thank goodness it isn't going the other direction.

Intermediate keel boat sailing class started today. The Cal-20 is in dry dock due to its large keel so we're using a new vessel, a Southcoast 22, which has a retractable centerboard. The reservoir just bought it. It's sloop rigged, 22 feet long, has a lovely cabin and is even better than the Cal-20. It has a draft of only 10 inches when the centerboard's up, which is very handy considering the water level of the reservoir is dropping by a foot a day. We had to get it all fitted out, which took a while and didn't leave much time for sailing. There are three of us from the beginning Cal-20 class. We're a good crew, and it's nice to have familiar faces around. The instructor, sailing master (Joe), and a crew member are going to work on getting it ship-shape next Monday evening. It's possible I'll go up to Chewelah but am very tempted to stay here and help with the boat. I'd get some reservoir time in, and be able to hang with Joe, too.

No comments: