Thursday, August 02, 2001

Felipe, the foot loving pigeon

The cat almost caught a morning dove today. The girls rescued the bird, which seemed injured. They put it in a small box, put the box in Rhiannon's room, and shut the door to keep the dog and cat out. Later in the evening, I took the dove up to the Greenwood Wildlife Sanctuary, where they saw that it was dying from the pox, some kind of bird virus. They will probably have to put it down.

A pigeon named Felipe hangs around the sanctuary. He did a lot of cooing and followed me around. I gave him some crumbled cracker, but he wasn't interested in eating. He was interested in my feet, with which he fell in love. He walked on them and around them, perched on them, and seemed quite enamored of them. A worker there said Felipe has a foot fetish.

I had planned to sail with Jayne at 4:00, but the weather turned bad at the time we were going to go up. We called the boathouse and found the lake was closed due to high winds. Later, of course, it turned sunny with a light breeze, but by then I was on to other things. There was a medieval festival at our library, to which I took the girls. It was aimed at younger kids than mine, but we had a good time anyway.

No comments: